Is this your first time here? Start at the Welcome page!
One of the most common things officiants hear is, “We only want a short ceremony… 15-20 minutes.” I think it is important that couples understand that their fee goes towards much more than the 20-minute ceremony. As an officiant, my job includes:
- All of my initial communication with you, which usually includes a number of emails or phone calls. (15-30 minutes)
- An in-person meeting where we discuss ceremony details and preferences, the contract, etc… (30-60 minutes)
- The preparation of your ceremony, which can include a number of drafts being sent back and forth until everything is perfect. I also read through your ceremony out loud from start to finish several times in the days leading up to your wedding to ensure that everything flows nicely. (1-3 hours, depending on the package selected)
- I attend your rehearsal whenever possible so that I can familiarize myself with the venue, meet the bridal party and parents, and walk you through any “action items” during their ceremony so we are all comfortable on the big day! (1-2 hours, depending on travel time)
- I arrive at your ceremony venue at least a half-hour early on your wedding day to ensure I am ready to go. I also touch base with your coordinator and photographer before the ceremony starts. If I am using a wireless mic, I work with the DJ to set that up and do a sound check. (30 minutes)
- And of course, officiating your ceremony! As mentioned above, the ceremony itself usually lasts 15-20 minutes. If things are running a little late, that 15-20 minutes quickly turns into 30. After the ceremony, I collect signatures of witnesses on your marriage license and stick around for pictures, if desired. (1 – 3 hours, including & depending on travel time)
- After your ceremony, I scan a copy of your completed license for my records and email a copy to you as well. I submit your license to the Register of Deeds, including your request and payment for a certified copy, if desired. (15-30 minutes)
So you can see that your fee is an investment in my time (which adds up quickly to much, much more than 15-20 minutes) and an investment in getting your perfect wedding ceremony!
I am an ordained minister available for spiritual, Christian, non-denominational, interfaith, and civil or non-religious wedding ceremonies. I am based in Garner, North Carolina and serve the surrounding area, including Raleigh, Durham, Cary, Apex, Clayton, Fuquay-Varina, Holly Springs, Morrisville, Wendell, and Knightdale.